9 Comments

1. Richard Coomer
    January 15, 2019 @ 2:20 am

Atvs and especially Utvs, dont belong on the snowmobile trails!! Utvs are too wide and growing wider…they dont pay for trail permit either,thats Dunbar Goodman area I Run into that two years ago and I wont ride over there again..They can have it…

2. Bryan
    January 12, 2019 @ 7:22 am

Ran into a big group of side by sides that ran us off the side of the trail and rutted up the freshly groomed trail.

• David Vanderkin
      January 13, 2019 @ 4:14 pm

Where was that ?

• Sqwib
      January 13, 2019 @ 4:30 pm

Bryan, it doesn’t surprise me…. If you see my post from January 6, i ranted about ATV’s using the groomed snowmobile trails. I’ve sledded many areas over the years, and NEW seems to be one of the few areas that allow ATV’s to ride on the groomed sled trails in season. I’m sure you (and virtually all sledders out there) agree the two don’t mix and ATV’s don’t belong on the same trails in the same season, PERIOD. Does anybody out there know why this is allowed? Does anybody care?

3. AJ
    January 12, 2019 @ 3:18 am

Looking to see if anyone has rode down Chickadee???
    Sometimes it’s plowed down to the gravel (lately), other times it’s a snowmobile super highway. They’re logging (plowing our trails) between McCaslin mountain and Waubee Lake in 2(!) areas, watch out for the ice.

4. Klings262
    January 11, 2019 @ 2:17 pm

Anyone know if they’re riding the Flowage between boat landing 10 & 11 yet? How about from 11 down to Fishers Camp? I’d imagine the ice is good, but it’s nice to hear it from someone that’s been out there.

• Brian Wallace
      January 11, 2019 @ 6:52 pm

Just went down landing 11 about noon today (friday). Went a couple hundred yards to where the river starts and it looked a little slushy and there were no tracks. Looked like a few sleds had gone right.

• Klings262
      January 11, 2019 @ 7:39 pm

I meant between Boatlanding 11 and 12.

5. Dan Guendert
    January 11, 2019 @ 12:23 pm

Ray, we rode yesterday from Chute Pond to Lakewood, met up with a couple other guys, then rode east and north to Stephenson, Silver Cliff, Athelstane, and up to Goodman. We headed west into Forest County for lunch at the Green Shack, then south and west towards Wabeno. The best trails were the wooded trails in Lakewood on our way up and the 100 Miler wooded trails on our way back. Most trails were in fair to good early season condition, some a little better, some a little worse. All trails needed more snow to fill in the dips and ruts. Fun 131 mile ride.